The Langton Matravers Village Hall is a registered charity which exists for the benefit of the village residents.

The hall is widely used by the local community of Langton Matravers for various events and regular activities.

List of activities and events that take place in the village hall can be found on the Events page.

The village hall is also available for both residents and non-residents to hire.

The main building was built in 1845 and the cottage next door was was added in 1876. Both were used as a Church of England School.

On the 12th January 1970, a Trust Deed was made between the Salisbury Diocesan Council of Education and Four Gentlemen of Langton Matravers Trustees.

The school was bought to be held upon trust for the purpose of a village hall, a charity for the use of the inhabitants of the Parish of Langton Matravers.​

THE STAFF OF THE NATIONAL SCHOOL IN WHAT IS NOW THE VILLAGE HALL

Until 1874 both ends of the building were of similar architectural style. The building was later extended to its present size and with different fenestration on the new southern end.

The scene shows the school staff posing outside the south end of the building before it was extended.


Booking Enquiry

What's On

Contact Us

Registered Charity No: 260975 © 2015